Feng Shui Bedroom Design Dos & Don’ts – 16 Tips
Feng Shui Bedroom Design
A Place for Romance
A calm yin environment with minimum electrical equipment is what you want to create in a bedroom. A comfortable, supportive, and well-positioned bed, restful colors, soft flowing fabrics are essentials to create a restful sleep environment.
- Display an inspiring picture opposite the bed to wake up happy every morning.
- Ensure you have a solid headboard. A headboard gives you support while you are sleeping.
- Choose a bed with a comfortable natural mattress and wooden frame to support your health.
- Place bedside tables and lamps on either side of the bed to create balance and harmony.
- Check your closet and check for clothes and items that haven’t been worn for more than a year. Those may be in the way of letting new opportunities come into your life.
- Paint your bedroom in pastel colors to encourage a restful mood.
- Use powder blues, greens, and lavenders to calm the body and induce a feeling of serenity. Use peach, pink, or red colors on the walls, bedspread, or pillows to inject passion into the bedroom.
- Introduce a soft yin lighting, using rounded shades and dimmers. This creates a soft and soothing ambiance that enhances the feeling of calm.
- Install window treatment that will give you privacy, protect you at night and let in beautiful natural light during the day.
- Have too many books in the bedroom. This is overwhelming in a space dedicated to rest.
- Have clutter under the bed. It prevents the Chi to circulate. This can disturb your love life.
- Position a mirror opposite the bed or have mirror closet doors because they are too energetic and disturb your sleep. Cover them at night with some drapes if they are already fitted.
- Have a television in your bedroom. It creates an unhealthy magnetic field if left on standby. It may disturb sleep, strain your relationship, or it may bring a third party into the relationship.
- Sleep under a beam. Ensure you cover the beam with fabric, hang two bamboo flutes with the mouthpiece at the bottom or move the bed. A beam creates a feeling of pressure and disturbs a night of restful sleep.
- Have water features, aquariums, or water paintings in the bedroom as water is believed to indicate the probability of robbery or financial loss.
- Have plants and flowers in the bedroom as they produce excessive yang energy.