FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What is this Magazine about?
Angie′s Diary is a Literary Magazine & Guest Blog. Read all about it here.
What do I do after registration?
- Complete your biography on your profile page – this is the best way to introduce yourself to the magazine’s Community.
- Add a profile picture of yourself.
- Choose a “good” Public Display Name (ex.: ginaprs2319 is not a good Display Name).
- Fill in this form and click “Submit Post.”
- Explore and share the publications you love on Angie’s Diary featuring original essays, fiction, short stories, prose, lifestyle, and the arts. When logged in, your comments will automatically display your biography.
What Can I Post?
We accept well-written articles (ideally 1000 – 4000 words); such as essays, political analysis, and satire, philosophy, psychology, short stories, book reviews, book excerpts, author interviews, poetry, et cetera.
Submitted articles must be unique (our first check is for plagiarism) and not appear on other websites. Guest posts may be rejected if they are sub-standard.
This is a free service and includes the syndication of all articles on top social media. In case your post’s word count is over 4000, we suggest you split it up into chapters and post them separately.
How Often Can I Post?
As often as you like. Only limited by our editing capacity.
Are Posts and Comments Moderated?
In this publication, your articles and comments shall be moderated and will appear online as soon as our staff releases them.
The following types of comments will not be posted:
- Anything that insults Angie’s Diary staff, readers or authors.
- Any type of discrimination in the discussions, including but not limited to racism, bigotry, or discrimination of any kind.
- We will not host discussions that involve explicit sexual references and are cautious about discussions on volatile topics such as abortion, religion, and race. Inflammatory remarks (intentional or otherwise), anything that we believe may provoke a fight.
- Advertising and spam.
- Posts with off-topic links.
- Feel free to agree or disagree with each other as long as you do it respectfully. Remember that there are people on the other end reading what you write. Please be mindful of that.
- Bottom line: Be nice!
Can I copy/paste my article into the Edit box?
Yes, absolutely, but before you do, don’t forget to:
- Proofread, grammar- and spell-check your text thoroughly before submitting!
- Do not include your name in the text. Your author info will appear below the article.
- Our magazine’s article style requires non-indented paragraphs and preferably plain text.
- Use English Language only.
- Add Title and Category.
- Do not use ALL CAPS in your articles
How Can I Promote My Posts?
If you have your own website, we advise you to add links to your individual articles and stories, and/or your author index page!
Copy/Paste the Link to your Article or Story to your emails, Facebook Wall, and messages.
It has proven to be valuable practice to share your posts on several social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, and Instagram, to name a few.
How Can I Promote My Book(s)?
How long does my registration remain valid?
Registrations remain active and valid indefinitely but should be used for posting within 30 days. Inactive registrations will be removed from the magazine if no post has been submitted for review within this period.
What are the Deadlines?
We are looking for great content on an ongoing basis, so there is no specific time frame.
Should I be wary of Copyright Infringements?
Whatever is being published online, is potentially copy-able. Be this through copy/paste, screen-grabs, OCR software, and many other methods, even if you have scripts in place that make it harder to copy, there is no guarantee.
A Creation becomes automatically the intellectual property of the creator, the moment of its creation. We do not make any claims to your work, nor do we let you sign waivers to enjoy the exposure we offer for free in Angie’s Diary.